Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Doesn't recognize Gmail account in Outlook when doing email system setup

Doesn't recognize Gmail account in Outlook when doing email system setup

I am unable to get ACT to recognize Gmail in Outlook and it is listing no option for Outlook in the email system setup. Is ACT not recognizing Outlook because the Gmail account is an .ost file? I also saw in the knowledge base that you can not setup internet mail from ACT directly to Gmail. Is this correct? I have Act! Pro Version 20.1.120.0, Update 7 thanks for your help.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Doesn't recognize Gmail account in Outlook when doing email system setup

Hello

In this we have things that have to be worked separately

1. One thing is that the GMAIL account is well configured in Outlook

pop.gmail.com

smtp.gmail.com

My Outgoing server (SMTP) Requires authentication

Incoming Mail: 995 SSL

Outgoing Mail: 587 TLS

2. GMAIL account allow less secure apps CLICK HERE

3. The other thing is that Office has been installed before Act! - otherwise you must uninstall both programs and install them in the correct order - this does not affect the Act database! nor the mail PST file in Outlook

4. Act! V20.1 It is compatible only with Office 2013 and 2016 (I think it's 32Bit to avoid integration problems with Outlook). -  Office 365 is also compatible but installed locally and I suggest it is 32 Bit

5. Keep in mind the exclusions you must perform if you keep an antivirus or firewall active CLICK HERE

6. Remember to permanently disable the UAC - User account control - and restart your computer before trying again the integration of your database Act! with Outlook

Well, I'm not an expert but these are some of my suggestions - good luck

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com