Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Does this field exist?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Does this field exist?

Maybe I'm misssing something - what is the name of the field that contains the date a contact is created?

I need to add it to my primary contact screen but can't seem to find it...

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mrootes
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Does this field exist?

[ Edited ]

I see it. Perfect! I will just slide it up to the contact layout portion of the screen - thanks guys!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Elite Contributor

CREATEDATE in TBL_CONTACT

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP
Copper Elite Contributor

I see that ACT! doesn't seem to give you access to that field though.  Hopefully one of the ACCs will be able to fill in the details on this.

Mark Rogers
Employee

What do you mean by "don't have access"? It should be available to place on the layout via the layout designer unless it is already on the layout. If you press F4 while in the layout designer it'll open the toolbox, you can use the drop down to locate controls on the layout.

The field is read-only however.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

You BOTH are correct - I found that I am unable to put this field in a CONTACT LAYOUT, but I am able to place it in a COMPANY LAYOUT.

Unfortunately, I create CONTACTS, not companies, so this will not work for me.    ugh

Employee

Both contacts and companies will have a create date, the create date field from the contact table would not be available to put on the company layout. My guess is, that the create date field is already on your layout and that's why you aren't able to add it., you can verify this by checking the drop down box in the toolbox. In the default layout I believe it's on the contact access tab.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Elite Contributor

Okay, I see this field on the "Contact Access" tab.  So I suppose you could move it where you want to see it.

Mark Rogers
Solution
Accepted by topic author mrootes
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see it. Perfect! I will just slide it up to the contact layout portion of the screen - thanks guys!

Bronze Super Contributor

So - the lesson with ACT! layouts:  Unlike various other CRMs, you CANNOT place a field in a layout more than one time.

Once it is placed, no matter where in the layout, you have no option to put it in again on that layout...

Good.

and bad.