Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Does mail merge show recipients all the people I'm sending message to?

Does mail merge show recipients all the people I'm sending message to?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Does mail merge show recipients all the people I'm sending message to?

No, each email is individual.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

Thanks but now I've found out that none of my emails have been sent.  I have over 800 customers and no one's gotten an email.  Is the underlining of each recipient signify that they are receiving their email separately?     Your help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks,  Tom

Ross,

I talked to the online help and they sent me a template to follow,  which I did but it didn't work.  Could you give me a one, two, three, step by step guide to do this?

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Tom,

Which email client are you using in ACT!

Also try doing a mail merge to say 5 customers, does it work? Please be aware that a mail merge to the my records will not work.

Also who is your ISP, 800 emails going out at one time is a awful lot, most ISP's are going to block these as spam, I would suggest talking to your ISP and ask how many emails can I send out at one time.

If you want to send that many emails at once you might want to look at ACT! E-marketing which use's swift page

Hope this helps

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005

Ron and Kurt,

Thanks for your help.  Comcast is my server and will allow me 100.  I can't get one and I think I haven't configured Outlook properly so I'll work on that.   I have another problem.  I can't erase my drafts (6899),  A screen asking for my user name and password pops up and I can't get past it.  I've tried getting into the files and erasing them but no luck.