Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Does anyone have a template for a 6x9 envelope that works with v. 11??

Copper Contributor

Does anyone have a template for a 6x9 envelope that works with v. 11??

Or can you tell me how to make one?  I can not get ACT to create a custom envelope and, though I can modicy the height of an existing envelope, I cannot figure out to modify the width.
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Does anyone have a template for a 6x9 envelope that works with v. 11??

ddinnsen,

Rather than trying to modify an existing envelope template, try creating a new envelope template instead.  This way you can specify the height and width that you would like.  The link below is a KB article on how to do that - scroll down a ways to the section showing how to create an envelope template from scratch.  Also, if you would like additional explanation the envelope template is a report template and there is additional documentation available for how to work with report templates too if needed.

How to Customize Envelopes in ACT! (KB# 13957) 

Platinum Elite Contributor

I have recently determined there is a bug regarding custom page size in reports, envelopes and labels. The bug is between the ACT! report editor and the underlying report engine. The result is that even though you specify a custom size, the necessary variable isn't set in the report code for the report engine. Also in the case of envelopes the custom width is actually coded as the width and height isn't coded at all. I was able to determine that the  bug was between the editor and the report engine by directly modifying the template XML code to correct the custom page size errors.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Roy,

Did you submit a bug report?  Did they say they are working on it?

Platinum Elite Contributor

I'm preparing a bug report on that and some other report properties bugs. I've been able to bypass the bug by directly editing the XML template code but that requires an understanding of the way the report engine works and a knowledge of XML programming code.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129