Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Does Anyone Have Experience With VISTA Enterprise and ACT 2010?

Bronze Contributor

Does Anyone Have Experience With VISTA Enterprise and ACT 2010?

I continue to have a problem with Outlook freezing when I link ACT to Outlook.  Does anyone have experience or suggestions on a solution?  I am in touch with my IT department, but so far ACT is unsupported and therefore not high on their priority list.

Thank you in advance for your help.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With VISTA Enterprise and ACT 2010?

What version of Outlook are you using? 

Is Outlook freezing when doing an particular actions, like sending a message or attempting to access the ACT! address book?

This could be caused by an issue with your Outlook profile (.pst file) or possibly another add-on to Outlook conflicting with ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Contributor

First, thank you so much for responding. 

Outlook 2007

ACT 2010

Outlook will freeze when it is linked to ACT, meaning that when I select Outlook as the eMail client, almost any action will cause a freeze.  Here are some examples:

1.  Outlook will ask for my credentials, and freezes before finishing the load.

2.  Outlook has loaded and I write an eMail using ACT and Outlook.  It will freeze when the eMail template displays, or it will freeze during the writing.

3.  Outlook has loaded and freezes when I write an eMail inside of OUtlook or click on the calendar tab.

I will use the task manager to stop Outlook.

.pst file:  I don't now much about setting up a pst file - it just is there.  I would like any suggestions you have to look into this.

The only add-in besides ACT was eMailConnectProfessional.  I have since removed it and the problem continues.

I have uninstalled ACT and the freezing problems dissapear.  When I reload ACT as a new install, the problems re-appear, even if I haven't gone through the eMail set up. 

Thank you for your help.

John Purdy
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Bronze Contributor

Hi Mike and thaks for the suggestion.  I had done it before and ran it again with no errors found.

I have asked our IT department to send out a replacement Office 2007 disk and hopefully that will fix it.

I did one suggestion to see if there is a problem in the PST file in outlook, but I don't know how to address that.  Any suggestions on your end?  Is there a way to backup and delete the current PST and then build a new one?  (This may be outside the scope of an ACT forum, so a response to that end will be fine as well.)

The company has Microsoft Dynamics and CRM installed -- which surprisingly looks a lot like ACT, hmmm.

Thanks as alway for your willingness to jump in and help.  Hope your New Years Day has been most enjoyable.

John Purdy