Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Does ACT require PC bondage?

Copper Contributor

Does ACT require PC bondage?

In an earlier inquiry, I asked if it's possible to run ACT 2010 or 2011 on a netbook, but only got one reply.

Is this to say that I can't run ACT on a Mac unless it also runs Windows? And netbooks aren't robust enough to run ACT? And Sage won't support ACT for an Android OS?

This is getting rather limiting, isn't it?

Bronze Contributor

Re: Does ACT require PC bondage?

I think the performance on a Netbook is one of personal choice - one person's acceptable performance is another person's unacceptable performance.  Said another way - "Your mileage may vary"  wrt netbooks, Roy thinks disk speed is a deal killer, I think screen resolution is a limiting factor, but you're the one to use it - you may find it perfectly fine for your use.  If you already own the Netbook, you could download the ACT! trial and install it and experience it.  Unlike Androids and native Macs, ACT! will run on a netbook.

Signature
Copper Contributor

Thanks! I'm running an older version of ACT on an older netbook, but am thinking of purchasing a new netbook. It would be my primary computer...just something to take on occasional long trips when I don't want to schlepp the laptop.

Bronze Super Contributor

Taking into consideration what Kevin has already, also keep in mind that your new netbook will also have a different version of Windows, so if you are staying with your "older" version, be sure that it will run on a newer version of Windows...

I thought that your statement about ACT! being "limiting" because now there are more operating system choices than there were 5 years ago interesting.

As often as not, having more choices does not lead to making better ones...

Copper Contributor

Thanks. To clarify, my old netbook is acting screwy, so I'm looking to move on from that with a new version of ACT on a new netbook. But, yes, while choices of operating systems expand, ACT doesn't (expand to work with the new operating systems). That's what I find limiting.