Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Does ACT 8.0 Work with Vista?

Does ACT 8.0 Work with Vista?

Copper Contributor

Re: Does ACT 8.0 Work with Vista?

Not very well. Act 10 is the first version that integrates as well as the earlier versions with XP.

I would agree, I have just upgraded to Act 10 for Vista compatibility and it seems to work quite well, although I have had problems with Act Link and my Smartphone syncing.

I had Act 9.0 that I got to work w/ Vista. I then upgraded to Word 2007 and lost the integration of the word processor until Act 10.0 came out.
Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 8.0 used Microsoft SQL Server 2000, which Microsoft chose not to make run on Windows Vista.

You need to upgrade to ACT! 10 for Vista support

NO!! don't even go there.  Thats why ACT had to make the new Version 10 (2008).  Act 2008 for vista works only with vista - don't even try to use XP, as you'll only make a big mistake.
Pastor E.

Act 8 runs in NT.  Act 10 (2008) Runs in Vist and SQL!  Kinda like water and oil.
Pastor E.

PastorE,

ACT! 8 is also SQL (MS SQL 2000), but I don't think it runs in NT. It runs in Windows 2000 and XP
ACT! 10 is SQL 2005 and is XP and Vista

Major issue with ACT 2008 is that with Vista, ACT! is not compatible with HP Printers!!!!!!!!!!!!  Major problem.  Can not print letters, reports, ect. due to error.  Anyone found a solution???????????