Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Document Tab missing Add File area

Document Tab missing Add File area

The Documents Tab is empty? There is no add file option. It's just blank. What do I do?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Document Tab missing Add File area

Does the same thing happen if you select a different layout?

Haven't seen this before, but it may be the monitor DPI settings causing the option to be hidden.  Here is an article with instructions for setting DPI to default: KB Article 26349

If not resolved:

- What version of ACT!?

- What is operating system?

- Is this a shared database?  If yes, do other users have the same issue?

- Was it working before?

You can add files to the Document tab by drag/drop them in.  Do they attach when using this method?

Greg Martin
Sage

I am using 2012 Premium, Windows 7, not a shared db and I don't know if it was working before as I never used it. I tried the demobase and it is working there. It has nothing to do with DPI. It was hidden before, so I unhid it...but its a blank tab.

Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Have you tried selecting a different layout, within your database?

Greg Martin
Sage

It seems to be layout specific. I did try to use another layout and it worked. I don't want to re-create a whole new layout just to add the documents tab back.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello mortgagediva,
Did this issue just start happening? If so, you can try recovering a copy of your layout from a database backup (one that was made before the issue started), then copy that layout file to your current database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.