Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Document Sort

Document Sort

I have ACT! 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, my issue is that in the contact detail view, in the document tab, I cannot sort the documents by Date Modified, when I click on the Date arrow it continues to sort by Name. I have seen several posts on this topic with no resolution. This seems pretty basic, and is really necessary when the document list grows. Is there any progress to a resolution?

Thanks,

Bill 

Re: Document Sort

The issue has been reported and is currently under investigation and will be resolved in a future version.  At this time there are not workarounds. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Hi David,

Been some time since the original post and your response, but wanted to find out whether a fix will be provided or will we have to purchase a new version? This is basis functionality and I would assume a patch could be provided, all everyone wants to do is sort the long list of documents in the order they are entered into the tab.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi,

In the documents viewing, the date needs to be sorted on year, month, date and not month day year.

When an index is asked for on date, it will chronologically  be sorted correctly.

This should be a back end programing note, the date may be easily recognizable in the current format, but when an index is evoked, behind the scenes to the end user the dates need to be converted to Year,month,date, (2010,12,31) or on one txt or number  (20101231), sorted and then display the corresponding documents in this order.

Peter. 

Sort by document date doesn't work in Act Premium 2012 hot fix 2 either.  4 years seems like a pretty long time for a simple fix to this.  Buyer beware, I guess.

Document sort works in Act 2012 with hot fix 5.  Thanks Act!