Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Document Revisions

Document Revisions

Hello,

Is there a way of automatically creating document revisions in Act!.

ie if you attach a document to Act - come back the next time and edit it - save it as another document attached to Act with the old file left there.

I know you can do this manually by saving it it locally and then attaching it again but it is so long winded for such a simple operation.

We are currently using Act 2009 but would upgrade if this option was only available on 2010.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Document Revisions

Hello Chrisoak,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Unfortunately this function is not available in Act! 2010 either.  You have listed the steps required... Edit > Save As > Attach new document.

Greg Martin
Sage

Hello,

The issue described in 2010 is my current one. Has there been any update on this?

Thanks

Bronze Elite Contributor

I wouldn't expect this to be a priority for the development team. Document management is a whole area in itself and it has consequence when you are possibly working with a synchronising database. Much smarter to have ACT! integrated with a document management application that stores the attachments independently. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Is there a way to remove the right to "Edit" an existing document?... which would force the user to attach a revised version of the document.

Thanks,

Claude

Copper Super Contributor

cdesrochers,

Thank you for submitting your post. There is a way to restrict the editing of a document. Below I have attached a link that will walk you through this.

http://www.howtogeek.com/school/microsoft-word-for-teams/lesson4/all/

Hope this helps,

Scott Baker
Visit the knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com