Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Do not mail or call list

Tuned Listener

Do not mail or call list

As with all mailing lists there are the contacts who no longer wish for anything to be sent to them.  I have designed a box in my contact layout so that I can label each contact who now wishes to no longer be contacted.  Now that I am getting ready to mail out my first list how do I make sure to not get those contacts in there?  How do I set up that lookup?
Sarah Harrison
Royalty Roofing
Nickel Contributor

Re: Do not mail or call list

Go and set up a group. I call mine "Email" and have a couple criteria for dynamic membership.

so..

create a new group, call it newsletter or whatever

click on add/remove contacts, a new window pops open

on the right click on edit criteria, another new window opens

accross the top, fill in your criteria. it might be as follows:

Type          Field Name       Operator                Value

Contact      email               contains data

Contact      newsletter        equal to                 True

these are the criteria i use for my newsletter group. first it adds all contacts with an email listed and then only those who i have the newsletter field checked.  Now when i do a bulk email, i merge to that group.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Tuned Listener

Matt,

When you set up a email merge, can you get it to insert a name in the subject line?

Thanks

Russell

Tuned Listener

I have done that, I created a group called DNMC.  After that I put those contacts in it and etc.  What I don't know how to do is keep this out of my regular list that I mail.  When I export everyone to Excel I don't want those contacts to go.  How do I keep those contacts out?  I have so many folders set up it's crazy!!! We are a roofing company that covers 4 states!  My groups are set up by Region 1,2 or 3--> County --> City.  So when I select all contacts how do I keep the DNMC contacts out?

Sarah Harrison
Royalty Roofing
Nickel Contributor

I am using Mail Merge from crmaddons.com and yes, it allows me to personalize subject lines and all sorts of stuff. 

It's here:  http://www.crmaddons.com/p-26-mail-merge.aspx

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Nickel Contributor

OK so say your fieldname is DNMC and if it is checked (true) you DONT want to send folks emails or whatever. But if it is NOT checked (false) you want to send stuff.

so the criteria would be:

Type        Fieldname        Operator         Value

Contact    DNMC              Equal to          False

This way, only people whom it is OK to send info to will be in the group.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Tuned Listener

It won't let me use the value as True or False.  It tells me that there are not contacts found.
Sarah Harrison
Royalty Roofing

Royalty,

What type of field is the 'box' you've created?  Is it a field where you place a check or do you type in text?

Tuned Listener

I used the same type of field that you use for ID/Status.  I just added an option in the "edited vaules" field.  So when I have a contact that no longer wished to be contaced I have the box names DNMC and then in the field it's a drop down list and I choose Do Not Mail or Call.
Sarah Harrison
Royalty Roofing
Nickel Contributor

You should convert thatfield to acheckbox type and it will then return true or false on inquiries. much easier to sort

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA