Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Division of Years to narrow down contacts

Division of Years to narrow down contacts

This may seem like a weird subject but my database has about 9300 contacts in it and it's starting to slow down my calendar activities. I know others who have many more but this is my environment. I'd like to cull down the number of contacts I'm working with but I don't want to eliminate them out of my database as you never know when a contact may be needed or when the timing becomes right for them. Any suggestions out there? Like I've thought about doing a year end compilation of contacts and who I've worked with this year. But I also want accessible past year contacts

Re: Division of Years to narrow down contacts

The number of contacts shouldn't slow down the calendar.  How many activities do you have scheduled each day?  Run Check and Repair from Tools > Database Maintenance (check both boxes).

Re: Division of Years to narrow down contacts

Most days I carry about 100 (if I'm lucky I get about 20-30) done. I'll try your suggestion tomorrow and let you know how it goes. One thing I did was to go back through my personal record and deleted alot of the past activities I don't really have to have in there. It helped a little. Plus if it gets slowing down I'll close the database and restart it and that helps. Thanks for the suggestion though.