Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Display group name when in a narrowed lookup?

Display group name when in a narrowed lookup?

We use Act! for making calls primarily. We call within a single group at a time, and then within each state in that group.  In our old version of Act, the main group you were in was always displayed near the bottom of the application. In Act 2009, the group is displayed in the bottom left corner, only when your lookup is the entire group. If you narrow that lookup to a particular state in the group, it only shows "Lookup: state" where it used to show the group name. Is there an easy way to have the main group show up somewhere on the screen the whole time so you know what group you're working in?
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Display group name when in a narrowed lookup?

Use your Groups/Company TAB at the bottom of your screen  - you may need to pull the TABs up a bit.

Hope that was the right answer.

Cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html

Re: Display group name when in a narrowed lookup?

Well, not exactly. The groups/comany tab shows all the groups a particular contact is in. I need a way to view what group I have looked up. For example, if I pull up the group "Customers" and then I narrow that lookup to the state "Arizona,"  I want to be able to still see at a glance that I am in the group Customers. Right now, the indicator at the bottom of the screen shows the lookup your in, but if I narrow the search to a particular state, it changes fom "Lookup: Customers" to "Lookup: Arizona" I need to be able to know what group I'm in at all times, not what subset or narrowed lookup I'm looking at.