Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Display Next Activity?

Display Next Activity?

Is there any way to create a contact field that will display the next scheduled activity (call, meeting, to-do, etc.) as well as the date and time so that I can look down my entire list of contacts in the list view and see at a glance who I've scheduled follow-up for and when? I know I could create a text field and update it manually each time I schedule a new activity, but that seems awfully tedious for something that should be so easy to automate.

Using Act 2012 Premium.

Thanks!

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Display Next Activity?

No, you canont create a field with that functionality in ACT!.

If you want a list, what about using the task list view and setting the columns up so you have the fields you want?  That is pretty much what the task list is for...

What I'm really trying to do is make sure that if I have 150 contacts, I also have 150 follow ups scheduled, or at least know exactly who is and is not on my upcoming calendar so that no prospects fall through the cracks and sit dormant.  The tasks view is great for seeing what I have scheduled, but not so great at showing me what I HAVEN'T scheduled, and that's really what I want to know.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Check out Lookup | Contact Activity.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Elite Contributor

Roy's suggestion is the simplest, but there are also a couple of addons that will highlight records that have (or haven't) got a scheduled activity
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

You might check out Topline Dashboard.  The current version running on ACT! versions 2010 and later allow you to select to create a dashboard "report" that starts off with all contacts W/O a scheduled activity (or all with activitity for that matter) and then from there you can further filter to just get the "right" ones.

Dash has a fully functional trial, so you could check it out and see if it works for you.  It will also let you easily export the resulting list(s) to Excel if you were so inclined.