Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Disappointment with Act 2 /22/2011

Disappointment with Act 2 /22/2011

2/22/2011 3:16 pm / Hi - I called Act to ask a simple question about transfering data bases from one computer to another and also fixing my primary computer so that when I use it (it does not try to connect to the internet to search for a data based that resides inside my computer. I was told that I could not receive that information unless I paid about $190.00 - I have yet to figure on my own how to accomplish either of these tasks. Thank You Tiff Warren

Re: Disappointment with Act 2 /22/2011

I have desktop and a netbook that I sync with a program"hamachi".  It's installed on both

units, and Sage installed Hamachi for me while under my 30 day warranty. On the netbook tool bar are two buttons Sychronize and Refresh.  Hamachi is free from their website.  In fact, I called Hamachi and they helped when Sage barfed, and I had to go under Tools  and permit the desktop to sync.  Good luck.  Get a geek friend.. they'll help.  The program looks at both computers and then updates the changes on each.  Works great!

Platinum Elite Contributor
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Disappointment with Act 2 /22/2011

[ Edited ]

Hello Tiff,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble getting the support you needed. It does cost if you wanted to purchase an annual support plan. You can also just do a single call for a single lower flat rate. In addition, there are free resources such as the Knowledgebase, this Commuity forum, and Sage ACT! groups on social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. All of these are managed and/or moderated by Sage, and although they are not full technical support sites, they are user-contributed.

The KB article Mike directed you to will provide simple instructions to move your database. You also mentioned "fixing" your primary computer. What is the issue or error message your are seeing?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.