Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Disappearing groups from group list

Disappearing groups from group list

Today I was working with a couple of sub-groups within  a group and then did a small mailing.

Afterwards I went back and tried to look at those group / sub-groups and they were no longer listed.  I went to one of the contacts that I had in one of the sub-groups, and in its "groups / companies" area it showed those groups.  I clicked on it and the group came up, but still didn't show on under the groups list when hitting the "groups" button on the left of the screen.

Joel

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Disappearing groups from group list

Hi, Joel. You might have accidentally moved the group to be a subgroup of another group or subgroup. You can change your List View to Include Subgroups and Customize the Columns to show Hierarchy Level and Has SubGroups. Then you should be able to find it and move it back to where it belongs.
Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com

Unfortunately, I have checked every group and sub-group, the desired (or missing) groups are nowhere to be found. 

Joel

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Joel,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. What happens if you do a lookup of these groups/subgroups (Lookup > Groups > Name)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

If I do as you suggest, it finds them, but they still do not show on the group list.  I could also find them if I knew someones name and then went to groups associated with that contact, but still doesn't show on the groups lits if I hit the "Groups" button on the left of the screen.

Joel
""

Platinum Elite Contributor

Very strange...so you can see these groups everywhere but in the group tree. What happens if you delete one of the "invisible" groups then recreate it with same members? Deleting a group won't delete the contacts in the group.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have essentially done that.  Created a new group, slightly different name, and then called up one of the contacts for that group, clicked on the "disappeared" group under that contact and then took the new group and added the old "disappeared" group to it, thus creating a "new" group.  Originally I had a group call HVAC Contractors, with three sub-groups.  They all disappeared, but are still listed as groups under the individual contacts.

Joel