Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Disappearing DATA

Disappearing DATA

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me!

I am running Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1

Myself and my colleague's have noticed that some data ef email addresses are simply disappearing for no reason.

It's really bizarre.

Has anyone else experienced this?

George Patino
Bellagio Limousines
Perth, Western Australia
www.bellagiolimousines.com.au
Bronze Contributor

Re: Disappearing DATA

[ Edited ]

First I would apply the latest hotfix from the download site. Should be Hotfix 4

Do a check and repair from the Tools menu

Are there any specific steps you can reproduce this or is it totally random?

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

That is happening to me too! What is the deal. It seems completely random, but they are all poeople I have emailed in the past 30 days and then I go into their profile a few weeks later and all their email addresses are missing. If the data I put into Act isn't safe, my entire business is at jeopardy. This is about the 10th issue I've had with the newest version of Act, which I think has so many bugs it should NEVER have been released to the public. I am exploring alternaitve database sites and hope to switch ASAP!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Question: are either of you using the ACT!/Outlook sync or any other sync tool for a mobile phone?

Yes, my Act & outlook sync as that is what I use for email. Is there some way to fix this issue of disappearing info? Does it have something to do with sync?

Margy

Using Outlook for email doesn't mean you have to sync the contacts ... are you just using it for email or syncing the contacts and calendar as well?

Although... while I've seen some bad problems with phone numbers from the sync, I haven't heard of anyone who's had email addresses vanish.

You might use Tools | Define Fields - edit the Email field and select to Generate history.

Then at least you might find when it's happening and have a record of the address

Re: Disappearing DATA -- sage act 2013

[ Edited ]

Mike,

I installed Act Pro 2013 about two weeks ago (have had other versions for 20 years).   It works fine except data I enter will disappear for no reason.  I enter data into various fields and wait 1 or 2 minutes, and it just disappears.  Also, if I create a new contact and do not save it with a minute or two, it will also disappear.  The only way I can prevent this is to hit the save icon within one minute of entering the data.   This is not a good or long term solution.   

Am I the only user of act 2013 who is experiencing this problem?     Do you know of a solution?

Mike,

Thanks for responding.    Everything stays the same except the recent data i entered - It just disappears.     If I enter data and then save it (control S or the save icon) it will not be erased.    I have two databases, one with 34,000 contacts and another, newer database, with around 800 contacts.  The 800 contact database appears to be working okay.    Perhaps there is an issue with the larger database, but I did not have issues before installing Act 2013.

I contacted Act support because I am still in the 30 day free advice period after upgrading ACT and they were no help at all.   

[ Edited ]

And it's ok in the 800 db no matter what?

With the 34k db, how about if you add text to a field (don't save); click to add a note and type something ... then leave it.

Does any data go missing?

How about if you change a field that had data? Does it go back to before, empty, or stay?

Does it happen every time you enter data and leave it?
Same time-frame every time?

Are you running any plugins or synchronisation?