Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Disable Export to Excel

Disable Export to Excel

I have a system with three users, I do not want one of them to have the export to excel capability, for the fear of her stealing of of our contact data. When I make her a standard user it takes away her ability to backup, import, export, save and save as. But yet she can build a contact list and export it to Excel...!!!

Please help me stop this ability. Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Disable Export to Excel

Hello HRADV,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. If you go into this users settings (Tools/Manage Users), on the "Add Permissions" screen for their profile, you should be able to move "Export to Excel" from Added Permissions to Available Permissions. This will take away the ability to export to Excel. The user will need to log out and log back in for the change to take effect. If they are using a remote database, then they will have to sync, then log out/log in.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Good Morning,

My only options when managing a user permissions are as follows.

Available Permissions           Added Permissions

Accounting                           Manage Sync Subscription

Remote

Handheld

No mention of Excel anywhere....?

Platinum Elite Contributor

It may be that you are not using the Premium version of ACT!. This version has more functionality when it comes to database administration and user security.

The only other option is to make the user a Restricted User, which will additonally take away the ability to delete contacts and export to Excel. There are some other functions the will lose as well...you can view a list of the permissions by security role in KB Article 15284

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.