Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Difficulty using Hamachi with RemoteDB

Copper Contributor

Difficulty using Hamachi with RemoteDB

I have Hamachi installed on my host and a network setup with hamachi deployed on a client. The system was working fine and syncing. I sent the laptop to the user and it is not able to sync giving a network error through ACT. I tried re-deploying to the client and it was successfully installed but still not syncing.

I am using the free vesion of Haachi and I know Logmein has just announced they wil be charging for the service, however my account shows I am still in the trial period and I want to be sure it is working before buying a sunbscription. 

I also have LogmeinPro installed onthe host and I'm not sure if I need that or not. LogmeinPro control panel is showing no remote users connected and if I recall, it previoulsy showed the remote user was connected when it was syncing properly.  My only need for VPN/Remote Desktop is to sync ACT so I don't know if I need Logmein or Logmein Pro.  Any suggesitons on this?

Nickel Contributor

Re: Difficulty using Hamachi with RemoteDB

On the remote machine make sure that you can browse any shred folders via the hamachi console, you can do this by clicking on the server name and then click browse. if you see a list of folders then go to run and enter \\machinename and make sure it opens the same folder list as hamachi. Then make sure that ACT! is using the machine name for the connetion details and try synchronisation again.

If still having problems try using telnet to test connecting to the synchronisation port if no joy turn off the firewall on both machines to see if that is causing the problem.

Copper Contributor

Does the remote mcahine need to have a Logmein account setup because I don't thikn it did. I did not want to give the remote access to my computer files, just the ACT synconization. I don't think it ever had the ability to browse the files of the host but I could be wrong.

Nickel Contributor

The remote does not need a logmein pro account it only needs to be part of the hamachi network you have created