Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Difficulties attaching Outlook emails to Act!

Difficulties attaching Outlook emails to Act!

I use Act! E-mail next to Outlook to attach emails to contacts. I have a number of issues with this that I would like help with. 1. It takes a long time for Act! E-mail to open, several minutes at least. I have sufficient memory available (2Gb RAM), so that cannot be the issue and I do not have the same problems with any other application. 2. When I first open Act! E-mail the option to attached mails to a contact is “greyed” out and cannot be used. It is only when I actually open an attached email from a contact’s history that I can start using it. 3. I have configured Act! to use Outlook as it’s email system, yet I have to go through Act! E-mail to link emails to contacts; is there no way to include the same capability in Outlook, as this eliminates the need to use both email systems with all associated problems of duplications and omissions? 4. As a result of the above I tend to attach emails from my folders to contacts in batches. Each link takes a long time and attaching mails to contacts appears to take longer as I go along, up to the point where Act! E-mail stops responding altogether after ±10 emails. We use Act! Professional v 7.0.399.0

Re: Difficulties attaching Outlook emails to Act!

I forgot to mention, we use Outlook 2003 SP3