Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Different Layout depending on certain fields

Tuned Listener

Different Layout depending on certain fields

Hello (sorry, just moved this across to Sage Act! from premium),

I'm new to Sage Act! so apologies if this issue is not as big as it seems.

My client is seeking a database with 3 (possibly four) user layouts and user groups. For example franchise, sales and administration. What I need is a different layout for each area and when said area is selected the layouts require different fields, some extra and some less than others. If this seems an obtuse way of going about this issue and there is an alternative to the problem then any advice is amazing.

Thanks

Tuned Listener

Re: Different Layout depending on certain fields

Or my latest thought would be to have a field which is dependant on the layout in the background, in turn hiding contacts that are not relevant to the layout.....
Platinum Elite Contributor

Tuned Listener

Cheers for getting back. Taking a look at the first option.
Tuned Listener

Hi there

Another solution that accomodates your requirement for auto switching of layouts based upon data in the system, is Layout Switch from my good friends at Exponenciel

http://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=119

Rest assured, this is not an affiliate link or anything like that for additional gain

It's simply me trying to help you provide an answer to your question

From a personal level, I've used many of Exponenciels addons and so have lots of my clients and we have had nothing but good experiences with them all, so this is a genuine endorsement with no ulterior motive

All the very best