Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dialogue Box Hides Behind Another Window

Bronze Contributor

Dialogue Box Hides Behind Another Window

Recently I've noticed that when I place a call and use the dialogue box with a follow up activity, the original dialogue box disappears.  When I click anywhere in ACT, one of the other programs' window blinks.  I can't find the original dialogue box with Alt-Tab action either.

I close the window that blinked, and sometimes the box is there.  Other times I have to close all the other windws, and voila, there is the box. 

Has anyone else ever seen this?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

Re: Dialogue Box Hides Behind Another Window

John Purdy,

Is this behavior consistent, or sporadic?  I've seen similar activity in Act! before, but nailing down what was happening has been different the few times I've run across it.  This is the first time I've seen it happen in the way you're describing.

You said this happens when you place a call.  Are you using the dialer, or is this just when you click the call button at the top and select followup?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Bronze Contributor

Re: Dialogue Box Hides Behind Another Window

[ Edited ]

Hi Billy and thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, it is sporadic - or at least when I notice it I don't remember every click or key pressed.  I would say generally it is when placing a call.  But I think it is because I change active windows - but not sure. 

I do use the dialer. 

Updated 10/2/13

This is becoming more and more annoying.  I would be interested to know if anyone else is having thisi problem. 

I'm using 2 monitors, and I have to minimize a lot of windows before the original activity box will re-appear on the ACT window.  You asked if there was any consistency -- I would say more if I touch Outlook and then try to find the activity again.  Sometimes, though, it dissappears when I just click on the follow up button.

Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit