Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dialing the 1 prefix on my PDA

Dialing the 1 prefix on my PDA

I have a Windows Mobile PDA and use ActLink to synchronize my contacts. How do I get Act or ActLink to include the 1 dialing prefix on North American phone numbers?

Re: Dialing the 1 prefix on my PDA

That should be a preference on the handheld itself.
Platinum Elite Contributor

What version of ACT!?

With ACT! 6, the issue would be as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5jub3f

Hi David,

Thanks for responding.

My phone uses the Windows Mobile operating system. I have not been able to find any such option. If I synchronize with Outlook contacts instead of Act! I can store the 1 prefix as part of the phone number but Act! handles country codes as part of the number format rather than typing it in explicitly. If I were cynical I might think that Microsoft designed it so that it would not work with non-Microsoft contact managers.

I notice that for overseas numbers, the country code is transferred to my phone along with the + symbol. For example, I have Australian numbers that appear in my phone as +61 xxxxxxxx even though in Act! I only enter the xxxxxxxxx. In Act! I can choose whether or not I want to display country codes on the screen but that doesn't appear to change how the numbers are transferred by ActLink to my phone.

How can I make Act! handle North American numbers the same way it handles international numbers?

Mike,

Thanks for the link. I read the article and have a better understanding of how Act! handles country codes. From what I gathered, North America is an exception in that the "1" is both the country code and the long distance dialing prefix. Unfortunately, the article suggests that I cannot make Act! or ActLink transfer the 1.

Platinum Elite Contributor

As a thought, you might try downloading and testing the trial of Handheld Contact to see if it handles the dialling better for you