Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dialer won't hang up after first call , version 17 pro

Dialer won't hang up after first call , version 17 pro

i am using version 17 with windows 8.1, When i use the dialer to make a call via my internal modem, the ACT dialer does dial the fisrt call ok, but after i hang up the call, Act will not dial another call unless i exit act , it then it asks me if i want to hang up on that first call. When i restart act , same thing, i can make the first call ok but any more calls can only be made by manually dialing the phone. The phone is actually disconnected once i hang up on that first call but ACT does not seem to recognize that.  If i go into Outlook and dial mutiple calls there, i have no problem at all, The problem with the dialer seems to only occur in ACT.  Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

tom

Re: Dialer won't hang up after first call , version 17 pro

I have the same problem. We are using windows 7 64 bit, and dialing through our Samsung Phone system software which works fine with Sage, outlook and every other software.

Has anyone found the answer to this yet?

Simon

Copper Contributor

I too have the same issue with ACT17 and Windows 10 ...

After dialing the 1st call and completing the conversation, hanging up, and closing the ACT Timer, if I attempt to dial another call it requires me to hangup first before dialing again ... ACT is not termionating the call even though I had completed the call ... this is true when I go to shut down ACT at night as well ... it asks if it should terminate the call and that call could have been made hours earlier ...

Bronze Contributor

When you set up the dialer preference, did you check "Hide dialer after dialing"?

If so, yu need to uncheck it so you have the option to hang up the phone.  At least that's the way I manage my dialing.  Also, for me, I don't care how long the call is, so I also do not check the "Start Timer" box either.

Hope this helps. 

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013