Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dialer locations pop up

Dialer locations pop up

I have ACT 2009 v.11.1 . When the programs first loads I continue to get a pop up dialog box that ask me to set up my phone and modem options. I have completed the set up several times and it won't go away. When I first installed the program back in December Tech support resolved this problem then. I reinstalled it on a new computer and it is back. Tech support is no help. I am using Windows XP Sp3. Any suggestions on how to stop this.

Re: Dialer locations pop up

From your previous call, the resolution was to disable the modem from device manager.

Hi,

I have installed ACT Pro 2012 on Windows 8 machine, which doesn't have a built-in modem. At startup of ACT, I always get a pop up that opens the Windows site locations for the modem. I don't need this feature, and would like this popup to stop showing up each time I start ACT. The dialin is deactivated, but still get this popup each time I start ACT.  Can you let me know how to deactivate this popup?

Nickel Elite Contributor

In ACT!, Tools/Preferences/Communications Tab/Setup Dialer/Dialer Preferences/  remove the check from the box to Use dialer.

Cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html

Hi FILLSTAFF,

Thanks. I have tried, but this is alreay deactivated.  see screenshot bellow.

The popup still showing at each start of the application.

Any other idea? thanks a lot

dialer

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello tom-358,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. In Windows 8, there were significant changes to the telephony service. This is most likely the cause for the issue you are describing. ACT! 2012 is not supported on Windows 8, so there is not a workaround that we know of. Support for Windows 8 will be available with the Service Pack 1 update for ACT! 2013 in January. Currently, there are no plans for full Windows 8 support for earlier versions.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hello Greig,

Thanks for your response. That explains the issue. So, I'll be patient and wait for the new version in Jan.

Regards