Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dialer 2009

CEM
Copper Contributor

Dialer 2009

I know that ACT! no longer "supports" 2009 w/ Win7 x64, which I upgraded to and reinstalled ACT! 9.

However, what happened from 2009 to 2010 and Vista to Win7 that the Dialer in ACT! no longer functions?

Bought a PCI modem (TrendNET) and installed. The drivers are for my Win7 Ultimate x64.

Windows Dialer recognizes it and works.

Outlook 2007 can make calls using it.

Another comm app also works. The Modem diagnostics is happyl everyone is happy except forACT!

ACT! 2009 is the only one that doesn't function. What's up?

When I open ACT! in Contact view, the Phone icon is grey. Switch to List view and the Icon becomes active, but nothing happens when clicked.

The Dialer app has a checkbox to allow it to control apps that want to make voice calls.

Is there a list detailing the files that should be installed to make ACT! play nice with wthe MS Win7 Dailer app?

I even installed Asterisk Activa TSP x64 to see if that would work. Nope.

Does anyone have an suggestion? Maybe a Reg mod?

Would un-installing ACT! and then re-installing help, as the modem was intalled after ACT! was? 

Thanks. Bought the modem just for ACT!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Dialer 2009

CEM
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mike,

The solution you recommend in every scenario may be great for some folks, but do the math.

$160 for ACT! ...$160 for itDial??

ACT! comes with the dialer interface. Very basic to just dial phone numbers. I don't even have that at the moment.

Could someone please list the files that are associated with the dialer so I can make sure my pc has them installed? Are there any reg entries associated with the ACT dialer interfacing withthe MS dialer?

Thanks.

Message Edited by ghollister on 01-22-2010 11:07 AM

ACT! does not have a dialer, it links to the Windows dialer. Any configuration you see in the ACT! program is a replication of the Windows configuration. Check to see if the Windows dialer works, if it doesn't that is what you ned to troubleshoot because unless the Windows dialer is working the ACT! dialer can't work.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
CEM
Copper Contributor

Thanks Roy, for taking the time to answer.

As I mentioned in original post, the MS Dialer in Win7 Ultimate x64 works just fine.

Works fine in Outlook 2007, listing all numbers for contact and dialing them.

The Dialer.exe program works fine.

I don't understand your comment "...Check to see if the Windows dialer works, if it doesn't that is what you ned to troubleshoot because unless the Windows dialer is working the ACT! dialer can't work..."

ACT! Dialer does not play nice. 

When ACT! is opened in Contact View, the Dialer is grey.

In Options, Communications, the dialer is enabled.

If I switch to List View, the dialer goes active (not grey) but nothing happnes when I click on it. Stays Actibe when I switch back to Contact.

The app TAPI Phone Dialer by JulMar Technology works fine. When I click on Start Session, this text shows up:

Forced to open line with media mode DataModem

Maybe this could be the problem. I don't know.

That is why I asked for a list of files that should be present for the ACT! dialer interface to work with MS Dialer. Maybe something is missing.

You might try the Phone.zip file on the bottom of the itDial page - we use it to test the TAPI connection
CEM
Copper Contributor

Mike,

I am going to guess I posted while you were writing; thus you didn't see my post where I state that I used the phone.zip contents. It is TAPI Phone Dialer.

I guess I am left with the ususal ACT! tech suggestion; uninstall and re-install.

RRRRRRR!!!!!!

So Phone.zip could or couldn't dial?

I have seen quite a few issues with various apps using the Win7 TAPI

CEM
Copper Contributor

Mike,

Phone.zip (aka TAPI Phone Dialer) works just fine.

Looks like ACT! is one of thoses programs that doesn't play nice with Win7. Maybe I should look at the file differences between ACT! 9 and ACT!10 to see if I find a com .dll or app difference and copy it (them) over to ACT! 9....

From Drop Box