Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Determining when a field value date is equal to today's day, NOT including the year.

nmk

Determining when a field value date is equal to today's day, NOT including the year.

I want to find if a value is equal to todays date - but for ANY year.  Does anyone know how I could do this?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Determining when a field value date is equal to today's day, NOT including the year.

This can be done using the Lookup > Advanced Query function, using criteria such as this:
- Type=Contacts Field='datefield' Operator=Month Equals[number] Value=month# And
- Type=Contacts Field='datefield' Operator=Day Equals[number] Value=day#
Greg Martin
Sage
nmk

Re: Determining when a field value date is equal to today's day, NOT including the year.

Is there a way for the value to determine todays month and date - so I can just run it at anytime without retyping the numbers?

Platinum Super Contributor

While the query itself can be saved (to reduce keystrokes), there isn't a generic value for 'today' - it has to be entered as a number. So the numbers would have to be updated each day.
Greg Martin
Sage