Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Desktop-BN9AF7L

Desktop-BN9AF7L

I'm getting an error message as I try to open a newly installed ACT program.....  I have ACT Pro v19, and using Windows 10, with 64-bit operating system

the error:  The "DESKTOP-BN9AF7L" computer could not be reached because the IP address "could not be resolved.  Verifying the "DESKTOP-BN9AF7L computer is available on the network, that it has the correct IP address, and that Microsoft SQL Server is properly installed may resolve this issue.

It was working prior to me uninstalling and re-installing the ACT Program....what changed for me to get this error?   The reason for my Uninstall in the first place, is that ACT was not showing my Outlook as an option for email set up......

Please help me figure out what went wrong, and how to fix it.

Re: Desktop-BN9AF7L

Ok, found a solution to this problem.....

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Desktop-BN9AF7L

Hello, it's good that you already found a solution to the problem

This can occur if the (SERVICES)  SQL Server (ACT7) instance or Microsoft SQL Server Browser are not started or if the information in the PAD file is no longer correct. For example, if the database was moved to a new computer or location, but you’re still trying to use the old PAD file, or if the name of the machine hosting the database has been changed.

Additionally this can occur if the database files folder does not appropriate permissions.

Note: When you change the database from one computer to another, it is not necessary to copy the PAD file, only the files ALF, ADF and the FOLDER of complementary files are copied - to open the database on the other computer is given double click on the ADF file (This will create a new PAD file)

Best regards and good luck...

FIRMA.png