Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Design Layouts

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Design Layouts

I have designed a layout in Act that I want others to use on their laptops they will each have their own database as we dont share data just the process of doing things and the reporting, how do i implement this with others as I tried to copy the design onto a laptop and select it as a layout but all fields that I created are greyed out so doing something wrong, we are all using Act 2007. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author dws4591
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Design Layouts

Layouts that involve custom fields typically are database specific. Even another database that has the same fields added to it will not be able to automatically use the same layout. One option is to create the other databases by saving an empty copy of the database where the layout was created. The other option is to go into design layout and relink the layout fields to the database fields.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author dws4591
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Layouts that involve custom fields typically are database specific. Even another database that has the same fields added to it will not be able to automatically use the same layout. One option is to create the other databases by saving an empty copy of the database where the layout was created. The other option is to go into design layout and relink the layout fields to the database fields.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Many thanks for your Help Roy.

Moved the message to its own thread Subject: How do I make all fonts the same size in the Contact layout?