Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Design Layout

Design Layout

I am using V19 and am trying to create a new layout. I have created several fields that have a border and white background, and then selected those to copy. When I pasted those fields, the background is grey and there is no border. I was not able to change those borders and background. How can i fix this? I know I can individually create new fields, but I was hoping to be able to use a copy feature.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Design Layout

When you copy field in the layout designer the field parameters are copied but not the database connection. Once you link the copied layout field to a database field parameters such as background color and borders should show or you should be able to define them.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

I do not understand. Do you mean when I import my excel database, which I have not yet done? 

[ Edited ]

Hi mbenwitt,

If you have copied and pasted a layout field it will not keep the copied field as you are unable to have duplicates, you will need to assign a new field to it.

The easiest way it can be done is by double clicking on the newly pasted field which will show you the list of fields available.

If you save a layout and a layout field has not had a field assign you will see that it has been greyed out by Act, this is to prevent you from entering data in a field that has nowhere to save it.

I have included an article which goes into more detail and may assist you through the process.

15332 Designing Layouts in Act! versions 2005 and later