Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Design Layout

Design Layout

I am using Sage Act 2010 Version 12.0.409. Operating system is Windows 7 and this is a local machine.

I went to Design Layout to try and change the size of the job history field.  When I went back to the contact screen the text in this field is partially missing.  It is still there in the List view.  I have been trying unsucessfully to get the data entry "box" back to it's original size.  Is there a way where I can actually type in the size of the display.  Trying to manuever the arrows is just not working.

Design Layout

When trying to arrange the size of the job history field on the contact screen, I managed to change something about the field.  The up/down arrows are now grayed out.  Apologizes for my beginner's ignorance but how do I get them back.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Design Layout

Yes you can set the field size paramaters using the properties panel (F4 funstion key). the measurments are in screen pixels. Tip, if you want to esperiment with design layout, save a copy of the layout to play with. Also if you make a mistake you can close the edito with out saving.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

One of the tricks I use is to make the field the same size as similar field.  For instance: 

1. Select the field whose size you want to change
  2. Select the field whose size you want to "copy"
  3. Click on Format --> Make Same Size

Much easier than trying to resize a field with those little arrows...

Where do I go to do this?  I went to design layout again and clicked on job history (the field I want to select) but I seem to keep losing my selection.  I am a raw beginner. 

Copper Contributor

Hi, Reggie. 

Aaahh!  I remember those days of trying to figure this out...!

1. Tools --> Design Layout
  2.  Edit Contact
  3. Go to your job history field (the field you want to resize) and left mouse click
  4. Go to the field whose size you want to copy, hold down your Shift key and left click. 
  5. Across the top of the screen, select Format --> Make Same Size --> Both

This can save you so much time.  You can select multiple fields to resize in the same manner, or by holding down your left mouse key and drawing a box around the fields followed by the Shift key + left Click on the field whose size you want to copy. 

I'm in the process of modifying my layouts right now and this saves me a lot of time.  Just be sure to save the layout under another name in case you don't like what you've done (File, Save As, enter new layout name). 

Does this help?  Let me know if you need more explanation -- I was pretty much on my own with Design Layout, so I know the frustration in getting started.  Good luck! 

Thanks so much.  This is a big help.