Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Design Layout

Design Layout

I cannot figure out how to change to the latest layout on my contacts database. It will only allow me to use a generic layout however, if I go to TOOLS-DESIGN LAYOUT then EDIT-PREFERENCES,  under GENERAL TAB-change the file type to LAYOUT, hit OK, then change layout to LATEST LAYOUT I get the layout I want but Im in edit view. If I close edit view I go back to the generic layout and if I try to change to latest layout it still comes up generic.

With all of the said, how do I get a saved layout format to replace the generic format?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Design Layout

[ Edited ]
If you have saved the custom layout in the same directory as the default layouts, then you should be able to change to that layout using the Layout button in the lower right of your ACT! screen.
Message Edited by ghollister on 09-30-2008 05:49 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I tried that and it works but only while I am in the design layout format. As soon as I get the layout I want and close out of the design layout I am back at the generic screen. I saved the layout I want and when I try to switch to it in the lower right corner the generic screen comes up.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Close and reopen ACT! and you should be able to access it.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129