Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Design Layout

Tuned Listener

Design Layout

In the Design Layout there are several fields like Call Attempt and Call Reach that are under the heading of Latest Activities. These fields are greyed out so I cannot use them. How do I change to make them useable? I want to enter dates, preferably with a drop down calendar. 

Thanks 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Design Layout

Those are system fields and not available to data entry.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Contributor

This is a good article on how this all happens.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18279/~/when-are-the-last-reach%2C-last-meeting%2C-and-las...

Mark Rogers
Act! v20 Update 9, Topline Designer
Office 365 SBP
Tuned Listener

Thank you both.I have created new fields that allow me to directly enter dates for things like Left Message.

When I select Tools, Design Layout, Contacts, Field (from Tool Box), and then draw my box, I get a pop-up window for Select Field, but depending upon when I do it, I get two different lists of selections of field choices.As I try it now, the list i get is different from the list that I get when I go to Tools, Define Fields. In both cases i have viewing Fields for Contacts. Why do i have two different lists and how do I select the list that I want?

thanks 

Nickel Contributor

When you are modifying a Layout, you would only see the fields that are still available.

If you know of a field that you would like to add but can't see it in your list, then it is likely already on another section of your Layout (perhaps one of the other Tabs).

Define Fields will show all of the configurable fields for each of Contacts, Companies, Groups, etc.

Mark Rogers
Act! v20 Update 9, Topline Designer
Office 365 SBP
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Thanks, I understand.

I have an existing field with a data type of Date/Time and want to change to only Date, but that is not one of my options shown, although I know that selection is available?
Platinum Elite Contributor

The SQL database doesn't have separate date and time fields. In the database the the date/time field always has both components even when only one component is used. In the ACT! field list you can specify either a date or time field but in the database either one will be a date/time field. A field configured for date only will also have a default time component of 12:00 AM. This can be an issue if the ACT! database is used in more that one time zone.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

I have created several new fields and use the date only field selection. When I created one new field it only gave me the option to select date/time. I tried to edit, but it did not give me the option to change to date only. I just created a new field and it again gave me the option for date only. It strange that I am having an issue with just one of the new fields.