Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Design Layout help! I'm destroying our Contact lookups!

Design Layout help! I'm destroying our Contact lookups!

Hello,

We have 3 computors in the office that run ACT! Sage 2008 10.0.  We have a Server that 3 machines run off of.  We have been running it with a designed layout showing what information we input such as Sales volume, business mix, equiptment type etc.

When we log into ACT! each morning and look up a Contact, the contact page/ view showed these and then halfway down the page it had the pane running accross with Notes on the left and then several tabs such as alternate contact , Home Address etc.

We only used the Note section and added notes with each call/contact made etc.

One of the Machines didn't Display this section at all.  It was basically all void/solid with the ACT! theme color showing no notes or tabs or anything, just the customr contact name and above data we inputted.

So I started playing around on it as the person on that machine need to input Notes like everyone else was.

I clicked on Design Layout on the top right, just clicked to view it and check it out and now it.  did a few click, exited of here and now I get an Error Display code on all contact on ALL 3 machines.

I tried a few other things and now our main uptop customer info is limited to basic informaiton and all our previous fields are gone.

I am frustrated that this has occurred and it seems Sooooooooo Simple, can someone help me at least get back to normal?

Doug

Re: Design Layout help! I'm destroying our Contact lookups!

This is me SR71 again,

Basically I am trying to having the veiw page for our Contact page re-setting back to origional now.

Trying to get one machine to have the Notes sections and tabs below is secondary.

I notice alot of questions for help get post, with many Veiws, and little or no replies/help.

Is this the place one goes for help?

Uggg

Grrrrr

Platinum Elite Contributor

I suspect that the machine where the problem first started has the video driver set to large fonts. If so setting it back to normal fonts will help the problem but likely won't completely fix them.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Sooooo much for reaching out!

I will try that.  My more immeadiate concern is how I lost our Current (old) page view of our Contacts by messing (slightly I say Slightly) messing around with Define Layout tabs.  Is there anyway to get our old view back in a simple way as now it shows our customers contact info with none of our Custom Fields, its all ACT! Basic contact fields.  I don't know how I got it to change the view but one would think you could go back and undo and BAM! I am back to where what it was??

Thanks again for helping

Doug

Platinum Super Contributor

To get back to the layout before it was updated: If you have a backup of your database created before the layout was updated, you can restore the backup using the 'Restore As' option (creates a new database), then replace the layout in your main database with the file from the restored database.  (Restore: File > Restore > Database > Restore As > enter new database name).

Greg Martin
Sage

Hello All,

I had an ACT! consultant help me,..

These issue are now fixed!

Platinum Super Contributor

Glad to know the issue has been resolved! Thank you for posting the update.
Greg Martin
Sage