Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Design Layout & customizing

Design Layout & customizing

I currently have an issues trying to setup custom fields that will have text (first name, middle name, last, name, etc) When I save the layout and try to enter information, the field is greyed out & I can't put anything in.

The department I'm creating this for only needs to insert employee information, group a few people and perform lookups.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Design Layout & customizing

Hello Admin11,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

If you are adding the default 'first name', 'last name', 'middle name' fields to the layout, it is by design that they are grayed out. These fields are automatically populated by data entered into the Contact name field.

You can test this by entering data into the contact name field, click into a different field and see how the data is parsed into the other name fields.
Greg Martin
Sage

How would I be able to setup the name fields a different way so that I can type in names? The layout I need to create calls for specific fields for the list of employees I am entering.

Platinum Elite Contributor

There isn't any way to type directly into the name fields but if you're importing a list you can map from the list fields to those fields.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129