Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dependency failed [DependentDlls.xml]

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Dependency failed [DependentDlls.xml]

Hey there!

I have two articles on how to fix the DependentDlls.xml error but they keep coming back. Renaming the file or deleting it out of the user profiles works only temporarily. I have also tried to reset all the preferences as stated in another article.

So what can I do because this keeps coming back?

The entire message:

[Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.UI.ActApplication", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operating (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) Failed: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data\DependentDlls.xml' because it is being used by another process. (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index3)]

This is a Windows 7 computer. They have a 5 user licenses for ACT 2011 Pro with Hotfix 2. The database actually sits on a network share and that is how they all access the database. They are not using any syncronization.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jdixon
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Dependency failed [DependentDlls.xml]

It looks like a permissions issue and have you updated to the latest service pack 1 plus hotfix 4.

If this fails I would reinstall making sure you use the option "run as administrator"  or activate the administrator account and install as I have seen this resolve the problem.

HTH

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jdixon
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

It looks like a permissions issue and have you updated to the latest service pack 1 plus hotfix 4.

If this fails I would reinstall making sure you use the option "run as administrator"  or activate the administrator account and install as I have seen this resolve the problem.

HTH

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

I will try that. Thanks!