Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting merged emails stuck in Outbox

Deleting merged emails stuck in Outbox

Two-thirds of the way through a large mail merge two things happened: 

1--I maxed out out the number of emails I could send and had to restart the computer  and then

2--Found an error in the message.

I would like to delete the remaining emails in the outbox, but they seem stuck in place.  I tried deleting them off line and online.  I tried copying them and then deleting the outbox, but could not.  I did find answer ID 16619 that contains instructions taking me to the Diagnostics utility, and I was hesitant to use this. 

From my experience, I will able to complete the email sometime tomorrow, but I sure wish there was some way to remove the incorrect emails before they left.  Of course, only one part of the message was wrong, and as this is time sensative, I would want to determine quickly which contacts I had deleted so I could in turn send them the email with CORRECT information.

NOTE:  Interstingly, the ones I copied could not all be "marked as unread."  A small portion can be marked, however all of the other ones, about 5/6 of the total number appear italized and cannot be "marked as unread" in order to get a count on how many messages were sent and how many remain.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Deleting merged emails stuck in Outbox

What version of ACT! are you using?

Are you using Outlook or ACT! Email as your email client?

If using ACT Email, which Outbox are they stuck in...ACT! Email or Outlook?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Deleting merged emails stuck in Outbox

I have the same problem in act 9.

Email system is now stuck with merged emails in outbox and can not delete them.