Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting inactive users

Deleting inactive users

We have some really old users that are inactive that we want to get rid of from the users list.

We don't want to reassign anything of theirs and DO want to keep their names tagged on any notes, activities just as they currently are.

Will we be able to delete them and not reassign any records they've created or any uncleared activities they had setup? (they will be ancient, folks here tend not to clear their meeting activities).

Running ACT Pro 2011 13.1.111.0, hf 6

Silver Contributor

Re: Deleting inactive users

it is not possible to remove users and keep a history of what they did.   Even making them inactive (which will preserver your license for another user) keeps them in the list of select users in calender and dropdowsns.

A couple of work arounds.  1)  insert a z_ before each former employees name this will at least move them to the end of the user lise alphabetically or 2) make a new user called former employee and when you remove the user, assign them to this user. All activity from former employee will be consolidated under this user.

The idea of hiding inactive users or former employees would be a feature request beyond this.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

I blieve that a developer recently released an addon that allows the user to be deleted with out losing their record manager informpation  or everything they have entered into the database. Check here http://www.egenconsulting.com/egcproducts.html

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I'd like to second this as a feature request. We should have the option to hide the inactive users from showing up in selection lists. The z method really messes things up because former employees/users are still contacts we want to keep in touch with and now I have a z in front of their names.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello sariotti,
I can see how having a "z" in front of someone's name would be awkward for mailings, etc. A possible workaround would be to duplicate the "ZA" contact and remove the "z" from the copy. Then use the Copy/Move Contact Data option under the Tools menu to copy all the Notes, History, etc from the "z" contact to the new one, and use the copy as your active contact record for that former user.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.