Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting Users

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Deleting Users

Hi,

I am working on cleaning up our database from old users and adding a few new users.  When I go to delete a user, it says that it would delete private data for that user.  What exactly is this "private data"? 

If I alternatively roll over their information to the new user, will it change the record manager inthe History tab to the new user's name?  It would be helpful to keep the original name as the record user for their files so we know the new internal user had nothing to do with that record.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author djb226
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Deleting Users

If you delete a user and don't reassign then EVERYTHING where the user is listed as the record manager will be deleted.

If you delete a user and reassign to a different user then everything where the deleted user was the record manager will now show the new user as the record manager.

To free up the license, disable the old user. Everything where the user was listed as the record manager will retain the old user as the record manager. Items that you want to reassign to a new user can be done manually.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author djb226
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

If you delete a user and don't reassign then EVERYTHING where the user is listed as the record manager will be deleted.

If you delete a user and reassign to a different user then everything where the deleted user was the record manager will now show the new user as the record manager.

To free up the license, disable the old user. Everything where the user was listed as the record manager will retain the old user as the record manager. Items that you want to reassign to a new user can be done manually.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy.

So disable a user, I just change the access to Inactive?

Right

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129