Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting/Clearing multiple tasks

Deleting/Clearing multiple tasks

Hello,

I've a sizeable list of tasks that I need to clear/delete. They are obsolete but clicking each one in task lists would be a painstakingly long process.

I don't want to delete all the tasks I have just ones up to a certain past date.

Is there a quick option for this?

Thanks.

Nick.

OCS Retail Support
Stoctaking & Inventory Services
http://www.OCSRetailSupport.co.uk
Silver Contributor

Re: Deleting/Clearing multiple tasks

If you select them from the task list, and then click the delete key on the keyboard, you will be presented with an option to clear them or erase them.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Super Contributor

A method for clearing or deleting multiple activities at the same time through the Task List is to use block commands.  You can select multiple activities by holding the CTRL key and click on individual items, or hold down the Shift key and select a block of activities.  After highlighting the desired activities, right click on the highlighted area and select Clear Multiple Activities. 

Note: I recommend that you begin with small blocks of activities (5 to 10) and check the response time.  The clearing process will freeze the ACT! application until it is complete.  After testing the response time, you may be able to increase the number of items selected.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks both, this has done the job.

Regards

Nick

OCS Retail Support
Stoctaking & Inventory Services
http://www.OCSRetailSupport.co.uk

I need to delete about 3500 activities/tasks.  I have started doing this and it started out fine.  As time has gone on (with each successive selection of multiple tasks) the number that are allowed to "clear multiple activities" decreases.  Now I can only delete one at a time (the "clear multiple activities" is greyed-out for 2 or more).  I've tried logging out and back into ACT.  I've even checked/repaired/re-indexed the database.  All to no avail.

Silver Super Contributor

Did you try rebooting?  I would try that next.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

I found the answer.  Pretty dumb actually.  Some of the tasks were "locked".  When I sorted on that, I was able to delete all of the "unlocked" tasks.  Unfortunately in order to delete the "locked" tasks, I need to go into each one and uncheck "private".  Oh well, 50 is better than 3500!