Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting Administrator

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Deleting Administrator

When I first set up my ACT, I installed my first contact not realizining that this was set up as my administrator. Therefore, I created another user for myself to delete the other so that I could become administrator but that did not work. Now, I am unable to delete contacts, etc. Any idea of how to correct this so that I can become administrator and delete the other? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author superteke
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Deleting Administrator

Login as the original user.  Create a new contact with the contacts name.  Then do a copy/move contact data.  After that's done, you can edit "My Record" to have your information.

How To Manage Duplicate Records

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author superteke
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Login as the original user.  Create a new contact with the contacts name.  Then do a copy/move contact data.  After that's done, you can edit "My Record" to have your information.

How To Manage Duplicate Records

I finally got myself back at MY RECORD after running into this same problem. But now, I can't get 'permission' to access handheld settings to sync with my Palm. Says I am not really the administrator although in Manage Users, I am. Any help appreciated. Using ACT 2008. Did ACT 6.0 really seem better in hindsight?

This did not work for me. When I click on to copy/move data, it is shaded out and will not let me click on the link. After I added myself as another user to try to delete the first, some functions such as that and deleting contacts I am not able to do. Please help!!!!