Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting A Contact

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Deleting A Contact

Just starting out and input a few contacts. Must delete a contact with blank fields and a test contact. For the life of me, I cannot find a command to simply delete a contact. Can anyone offer a quick tip on this?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author keepitsimple
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Deleting A Contact

Try closing the ACT! program and restarting by right clicking on the icon and chosing Run As Administrator. That should work. It's caused by the Vista or Windows 7 UAC.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

Contact | Delete Contact

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you. However, that particular choice on the drop down menu under 'contacts' is a light faded color and does not highlight or allow one to click on it like the other darker black colored choices under 'contact'. The 'delete contact' choice seems to be protected in some manner. Any thoughts?

[ Edited ]

This would indicate either you are trying to delete the contact record for a user or you are not logged into the database as an Administrator or Manager user. Standard users can only delete contacts they are the Record Manager for and if they have the "Delete Records" permission assigned to them.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks. I'm still working in the trial mode while I input a few records and work out some kinks. I'm a 1 person business ----- does Act automatically require someone to log in as an administrator, or does one have to create the adminstrator function?

If you have only one user, it automatically becomes an Admin since the database has to have at least one Admin user.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by topic author keepitsimple
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Try closing the ACT! program and restarting by right clicking on the icon and chosing Run As Administrator. That should work. It's caused by the Vista or Windows 7 UAC.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129