Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleteing a Database

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Deleteing a Database

I purchased Act 6.0 in 2004, then upgraded to 2007 and transferred my database to 2007. After starting a new job in 2007 I was told I would have to use Outlook for my contacts. Havent touched the 2007 version since then, but when I installed it on my laptop the other day, i staretd with a new company and they dont care what I use. I must have put a user name and password on it. I would like to delete this old database. Is there anyway to to that. Ive tried tons of combinations that I thought I would have used, but no luck

Lee

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author leeson31
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Deleteing a Database

Thanks Mike that did it

Another Question. I have a databse in ACT2007 named contactsv1, I want to convert my database from version 2004 to 2007, it is named command

when I try to point this database to merge into contactsv1 its says "databse already exists. I dont want to have 2 different databses. How can I accomblish this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

You need to convert the database to ACT! 2007 - yes, to a new database.

Then you can merge it into your main database and delete the converted one

Mike

Thanks for your help

I converted the old 2004 databse into 2007 and it went fine, but Im searching through help for how to merge this

databse into the 2007. can you explain how to merge the converted one into the main database I would appreciate it

Thanks

Lee

Solution
Accepted by topic author leeson31
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Deleteing a Database - updated links

Updated links, for convenience.

How to Delete a Sage ACT! Database

Best Practices for Import and Exporting Data from One ACT! Database to Another ACT! Database