Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleted User -- lost all contacts Help???

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Deleted User -- lost all contacts Help???

ACT 11.0

This morning I added a new user as administrator and then deleted a user that had been created as an administrator.  When I was done with the delete, all contacts except the two users (new and deleted) were gone from the database.  What happened here?  More importantly, how the heck can I get me 100+ contacts back? 

We had not backed up our database yet as we are only just now constructing it.

I've run Actdiag but there is no undelete option in ACT 11

I've searched for and found all.pad and.adf files but none contain the contact info that was lost.

Help?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author gestatin
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Deleted User -- lost all contacts Help???

I don't have good news, you can't get them back if you don't have a backup. When you delete a user you are prompted to ask if you want to reassign all that users information. When you answer no, every contact, note, history, etc. where that user was listed as the record manager will be deleted permanently from the database.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author gestatin
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I don't have good news, you can't get them back if you don't have a backup. When you delete a user you are prompted to ask if you want to reassign all that users information. When you answer no, every contact, note, history, etc. where that user was listed as the record manager will be deleted permanently from the database.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy,

I have a situation similar to the one you answered except we have our remote databases which have the contacts.  The contact we mistakenly deleted from the main database but we have not synced the remote databases.  Is there a way to transfer contacts from the remote to the main database?  We are not sure how they were deleted and also whether or not it was prompted to reassign all the user information.  However, we have documents for that contact which are now under the company that person was listed under.

There's no direct method and it's good that you haven't synced. There are two alternatives. One involves moving the remote database to the server and then making that the new parent database and resetting up synchronization. The second involves making a backup of the remote database and doing a restore as on the server. Do databsae maintenance on the parent database on the server and then export the missing contacts from the remote database into the parent database. That should leave your synchronization setup intact.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129