Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleted Database before Stopping ACT 7 services now cannot delete in ACTDIAG

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Deleted Database before Stopping ACT 7 services now cannot delete in ACTDIAG

I am running ACT 2013 PRO on Windows 8. After upgrading recently I noticed I still had ACT Demo databases 2011 and 2012 in the database location along with ACT demo database 2013. I have had a few stability issues which prompted to me to run actdiag. My working business database and demo database 2013 are both flagged as open and running. However I was surprised to find both 2011 and 2012 demo database listed in recovery mode. As they are no longer on the computer I wanted to delete here on the database list refreshing the database list did not work. But actdiag keeps shutting down, after I select the either database 2011 or 2012 and then click the action menu. Therefore I cannot delete the database. I searched hi and low in the community but have not been able to find a solution. I now know in hindsight that it is a very dumb user error. Can someone please advised how I get this resolved thanks. Paul

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul Greening
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Deleted Database before Stopping ACT 7 services now cannot delete in ACTDIAG

Is there anything there like ACT2012Demo.???

Try putting an ADF/ALF there (same name) and restarting the system

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Deleted Database before Stopping ACT 7 services now cannot delete in ACTDIAG

You really shouldn't be able to delete a connected database while SQL is running

The ACTDIAG Database List should show the folder/file for each database ... can you look in the folder and see what's there?

C:\User\Public\Documents\ACT\ACT DATA\Databases\ACT2011Demo.ADF, also same for 2012 demo except file name is ACT2012Demo.ADF

sorry forgot to add when you follow that path and open the folder the 2 ADF files do not exist.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul Greening
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Is there anything there like ACT2012Demo.???

Try putting an ADF/ALF there (same name) and restarting the system

Thank you very much problem solved, very much appreciated, wish I had ask for help sooner wouldn't have wasted so much time.

I was lucky that I had only deleted the ACT installion folders for ACT 2011 and ACT 2012 recently so they were still in my Recycle folder. I copied the 2 ADF files into the target  folder and problem solved.

I want to sincerely thank you for your help in this matter.

Cheers

Paul