Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Delete contacts I don't want to delete

Delete contacts I don't want to delete

Hi,

With Act! 2009 on a Vista machine, when I in the Contact List view and right click to make a highlighted contact and pull up the menus, then go to Delete Contact, guess what?  Even though the confirmation gives "correct" name I had highlighted, after I click -- the highlighted contact does not get deleted!  Instead, another contact in the List is deleted!!  Usually it's the one just before the one I wanted.  Related maybe, but when I do a merge of two contact, BOTH are deleted! 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Delete contacts I don't want to delete

Hello,

Are you able to duplicate this behavior in the Demo database (ACT11Demo)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Delete contacts I don't want to delete

Greig, thanks for your question.  Yes, this behavior is the same in the Demo database.  Upon close inspection, if I right click followd by click on Delete, a previous-on-the-list contact (rather than the selected contact) is deleted -- even though the confirmation of action warning message correctly identifies the contact to be deleted as the one selected.  Same bad behavior if I click the Delete field under the Contacts tab.  But if I click the Edit then CUT field, it pulls up a different operation menu and then correctly deletes the selected contact.