Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Delete Group and all contacts in that group

Delete Group and all contacts in that group

I have just downloaded trial version of Act 2012 Pro. I want to know how to delete an entire group and all of the contacts in that group permanently

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Delete Group and all contacts in that group

Hello jenbayjaz,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community. Deleting a group will not delete the contacts in that group. You must first delete the contacts, then delete the group. To delete the contacts, go to the group, then right-click anywhere on the group screen and select "Create Lookup" - this brings up a list of the contacts in that group. Highlight them all and delete them. Then go back to the groups screen and delete the group. Be sure to back up the database first in the event you delete something you had not intended.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig: thanks for that. I actually figured it out. I upgraded from act 6 !  I am a little lost in this version but some of the same principles apply as deleting an entire lookup.

. I like to display the contact window and calendar window together in  act 6 . Anyway to do that with act 2012 ?

[ Edited ]

You can have each view display in its own window. Go to Tools > Preferences, select the Startup tab, then check the box for "Open each view in its own window". You will then see a Window option on the main menu with options on how to arrange the windows. You can also manually resize and close the windows as well.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig: thanks so much for that. You are an ace !!

Best Regards,

Mark

Glad to help, Mark. Hope you enjoy the new version!

Greig Hollister