Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Delete Cleared Activity ACT2011 Pro

Copper Contributor

Delete Cleared Activity ACT2011 Pro

I have one cleared activity that shows on my calendar from 2003. I need to erase/delete the activity but cannot undo the "clear". I receive this message "This Activity has been deleted by its Organizer. It cannot be uncleared."

This wasn't much of a problem before ACT! 2011 but now that I can sync Outlook and my PDA those syncs fail because of this activity.

It only shows up in the error messages and the calendar from November 2003.

The item does not exist in Task List or the Contact Activity tab.

Any ideas.

BTW I did a Database Maintenance and all is well. Also, this used to be a recurring event. Now if I create a recurring event for this contact on the same day it will not sync that event to Outlook. All other task's and events sync fine.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Delete Cleared Activity ACT2011 Pro

Hello Roberts123,

Well, I did not upgraded yet but if I were you I would:

• create a new contact
  • Copy history and actvities you consider necessary from record with problem to this new one.
  • Deleted record with problem and
  • Run a check database.

I hope this helps.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE
Platinum Elite Contributor

Possibly the activity could be brought over from Outlook or connected to another user.

In the Task List click on "Users" to display All Users and Options to show Outlook items.

See if either gets it to show on the Task List... if it's the user, you could log in as them to unclear and erase.

These issues also sometimes occur when sync to Outlook and then to PDA. You might have a look at:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/05/getting-act-on-your-phone.html
Copper Contributor

The problem is the contact that has the cleared activity that cannot be deleted is my own. Which I don't think I can delete myself from the database. Right?

But was the activity created/cleared by you?

If an activity created by one user has another user as the contact, it actually schedules with both...
Copper Contributor

The activity was created by me, for me and was cleared by me. Now I cannot unclear it to delete it. It was in the database before I sync'd with Outlook or my PDA. Still causing sync errors.

Is there a way to re-create myself as a contact? I don't think so.

Anyone have any ideas.

Try the maintenance function to remove cleared activities as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1416...

Of course, it will remove all the cleared activities prior to the date, but they'll still be in history.

Backup first in case theres a data issue that causes this function to do something unpredictable

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestion but I already tried that. I even tried it again just now. It tells me there are no items to delete. I have set it to older than 60 days. This item is from 2003. I also have run all the database maintenance and used the option in actdiag.exe with no success.

Anyone have any other ideas???

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I cannot delete cleared activities.  They are gone from Task List but not calender.

So I take a trip to India and the tech (they are very good) uses an SAge proprietary program to delete cleared activities.

He says to download the newest patches which he says resolves this problem, I did.

I cannot delete the cleared "crossed out" activities.

ACT 2011 IS THE WORST SOFTWARE I EVER USED IN MY 25 YEAR COMPUTER CAREER.

WAIT, I'M A 20-YEAR ACT USER THE LAST VERSION I USED WAS 6.0

I'VE HAD MORE PROBLEMS WITH THIS SOFTWARE AND NO MORE TRIPS TO INDIA BECAUSE MY 30-DAUYS ARE ALMOST UP.

I'D BE NICE IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME OUT.

OH YEAH, WHAT HAPPENED TO DRAGGING MULTIPLE ACTIVITIES TO A DATE ON THE CALENDER???!!!

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

The knowledgebase article doesn't work.

It suggests through anolther article that you send the database back to Sage.

Yeah I'll lose money while someone messes with my database and charges me money for a fix.

WHEN THERE SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM.

WORST SOFTWARE I EVER ENCOUNTERED AND I'M A 20-YEAR ACT USER.