Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Delete ACT! Databases in Z:

Delete ACT! Databases in Z:

Hello,

I  want  to delete some databases in Z. and when I try to do it the sentence "Cannot delete xxxxx (the name of the database): It is being used by another person or program".  I don´t  know what coul be the problem, because when I am deleting the files I close the ACT, I mean the databases are not open. Can someone tell me what could the problem could be?

Thanks!

Luciana
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Delete ACT! Databases in Z:

Unless you disconnect the database from the MSSQL server, you can't delete a database that way because the MSSQL server has the database open. The way to delete a database is to have the database you want to delete opened and then go to Tools | Database Maintenance | Delete Database. That will also remove the supplemental files for that database. You will also need to do this from the system where the database is on a local drive.

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Thank you Roy.  I could delete some databases from my local drive, but I can´t delete them from Z: (the same databases) Can you tell me if it is possible?

Thanks again.

Luciana
Nickel Elite Contributor

Your are referring to a database that is on the server. As with saving a database, you can only delete a database from the local drive so to delete databases on the server, you need do that from ACT! on the server.

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com