Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Delay when changing tabs

Delay when changing tabs

[ Edited ]

I just started using ACT and still setting up. I've imported 1000 contacts and whenever I click to new tab then 80% of time there is a 2-5 second delay on mouse click response time, especially when change direction of action, i.e. if scrolling down then decide to scroll up. Anyway, cannot believe that mouse click response time is so slow ehn having even begun building histories or added all my contacts, have 10000 more to go.

Does ACT 2009 (version 11) have a problem, i.e. is it going to be slow?

I find it amazing that Google and Yahoo can index the entire web and reply with almost instanteous response over a 56k remote connection but ACT cannot respond when local and a controlled database on same laptop with 4 gig ram. 

Anyone else find ACT 2009 to be slow? Is this a known issue? Is there something that I'm missing?

Best,

David

<Edited title after moving reply to own thread.>

Message Edited by dlunceford on 05-04-2009 09:14 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Delay when changing tabs

For what it's worth, I have a database I'm working with that is over 1000 contact records and when I switch tabs it happens immediate or at most less than 1-second when there is a large number of history entries. You say this is a laptop and I suspect that the hard drive is a 5400 RPM (or possibly a 4200 RPM) hard drive. Hard drive speed is very critical to performance with the ACT! program. You also need to check the swap file settings and max them out.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129